Sunday, October 26, 2014

100 Word Challenge - Week 9

Inspired by real events…


A week before Halloween on a Saturday afternoon I realized I still needed a costume. On my way to the store I saw a green cat.  I went in and saw nothing I liked so I walked out and got chased by the same green cat into the next store.  After an exhausting search I found a lame clown costume.  After I bought it, I was all bummed out.  My father looked me in the eyes.
“You want that ostrich costume instead, don’t you?”
“Yup that clown costume was the last thing I wanted.”
My broken heart was lifted from the swimming pool of despair. 


11 comments:

  1. Great job, very funny, wonderful use of quotations, and amazing last sentence! So what were you actually for Halloween?

    From a grade 6 class in Alberta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually was a man riding an ostrich, it was awesome!

      Delete
    2. his statements are amazing.

      Delete
    3. I love the creativity he has

      Delete
  2. great job with puncuation. what were you actually for halloween.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually was a man riding an ostrich. It was awesome.

      Delete
    2. Thank you all for taking the time to read my blog and my stories.

      Delete
  3. That is an amazing last sentence, I like the part where you say. "My broken heart was lifted from the pool of despair."

    ReplyDelete
  4. good capitalization and punctuation and last sentence

    ReplyDelete